When were we formed?
Established in 1982, the National Youth Coalition for Housing (NYCH) is one of three founding members of Homelessness Australia (HA).
Why were we formed?
NYCH was formed to end youth homelessness and create youth housing solutions. The NYCH Constitution outlines the objects of the Coalition as¹:
- To provide a national forum for non-government organisations concerned with the provision of, co-ordination of, and activities related to youth housing at State and Territory levels;
- To make representation to, and where appropriate, co-operate with governments and other relevant organisations at Local, State, Federal and International levels in the pursuit of these objects;
- To co-ordinate action around the issues of youth and housing, and other related issues;
- To undertake research related to youth housing; and
- To facilitate the development of a national youth housing policy.
What do we believe in?
NYCH has a long history of supporting human rights NYCH has a Charter of Rights, developed in 1995, that has been used a foundation to the organisation and guides the development of NYCH policy.
Who are we?
NYCH represents the eight State/Territory youth housing and homelessness sectors through its delegates to the national board. These delegates are:
- New South Wales: Yfoundations
- Victoria: Council to Homeless Persons
- South Australia: Centacare
- Tasmania: Youth Network of Tasmania
- ACT: Youth Coalition of the ACT
- Northern Territory: Anglicare NT
- Western Australia: Youth Affairs Council of Western Australia
- Queensland: Brisbane Youth Service
When do we meet?
NYCH Council meets at least 4 times a year via teleconferences and face to face meetings.
How can you contact us?
If you are interested in the work of NYCH we would encourage you to contact your local State or Territory delegate/s. All other enquiries can be directed to either the Chairperson or in writing to the address below.
NYCH Mailing Address:
PO Box 3115
Redfern NSW 2016
Your feedback is important to us!
Thank you for visiting the NYCH website. We would be grateful for your feedback: please email us at email@example.com