YHMD Campaign kit
This kit is a general guide to how you can support Youth Homelessness Matters Day 2017. It contains general information about the campaign, information about youth homelessness and ways that you can be involved with the campaign. It also includes information on hosting an event, social media and how to engage with media outlets. Click the link below to access the campaign kit!
Are you a young person aged 12 to 25? Want to win an iPad Mini? Follow these steps for your chance to win!
1. Create a video no mare than 30 seconds long answering the question "what should be done to end youth homelessness?"
2. Send your video in a message to the Youth Homelessness Matters Facebook
3. Once your video has been approved and uploaded to the YHMD Facebook page, share it with your followers. The video with the most likes wins!
Remember you can use a combination of pictures, words and video clips for your entry - you don't have to film yourself or someone else.
Pettition to Australian Federal Goverment
This Youth Homelessness Matters Day we are calling on political leaders to commit to a national plan to tackle the homelessness amongst young Australians.
A national plan to end youth homelessness would address the systemic issues that drive and exacerbate youth homelessness, including:
- Family violence
- Access to affordable housing
- Youth justice
- Young people on custody orders
- A housing guarantee for young people leaving care
- Young people leaving care
- Child protection
- Youth unemployment
We need your help! sign the petition and share it as far and wide as you can to help us get our message across.