These kits are for you to download, use and share so that you have all the information you need to support #YHMD2016.
This kit contains general information about the campaign, information about youth homelessness and ways that you can be involved with the campaign.
This kit has some ideas about what to post and how to use social media including how to be involved with our Thunderclap Campaign.
This kit has information and tips for contacting your local media if you would like to promote an event or story for #YHMD2016
This has some ideas and information for hosting a YHMD event from small to large events.
#YHMD2016 Meme Competition
We want you to create a meme for #YHMD2016 and share it on social media! To enter the competition you need to:
1. Take a photo or find one online (make sure it's ok for you to use it)
2. Add top text “Youth Homelessness Matters Because”
3. Add your own Bottom Text to finish off the message
4. Post your meme on the Youth Homelessness
Matters Day Facebook page (make sure it is a public post)
5. Once your meme has been approved, share it and encourage your friends to do the same. The meme with the most shares + likes wins!
(Pro tip! There are lots of meme generators online that can help you create your own meme)
Important info about the Meme Competition!
Your photo can be anything you want, but try and make sure it has something to do with your message. If your photo comes from the internet make sure you are allowed to use it. If you take a photo, make sure you have permission from any people whose faces are visible and that everyone is over 18.
Make sure your message is positive and empowering! We want as many people as possible to participate but will only approve memes we feel are in the spirit of Youth Homelessness Matters Day!
Competition is open to all Australian young people aged 24 and under. Competition winner will be picked based on number of likes and shares but judges reserve the right to exercise judgment on suitability of entry and entrant. All judges decisions are final.
The competition will close at midnight on YHMD 2016.
3 things to remember about #YHMD2016
- A national campaign to raise awareness and support for young people who experience or are at risk of homelessness;
- A call to everyone, especially those who believe in the power of community, to take action in publicly stating that youth homelessness matters and should be prevented;
- On 13 April 2016, this campaign will culminate in Youth Homelessness Matters Day 2016.